Subject: [Leica] cutest camera ever
From: drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers)
Date: Thu Dec 29 16:07:16 2005

George wrote:

>>One of the (many) things that fascinates me about photography: One can
make a photographic image with almost anything;<<

I've find that interesting, too. Photography is not always about the
image. (let the debate begin!). It's about hardware as well...and
chemistry...and now electronics...and lately it's really become about
software. Whether that's good or bad, I don't know.

(People used to complain about the cost of Leica cameras. But today
consider all the hardware and software you need for digital imaging. Not
to mention the learning curve. It adds up)

The Leica M system still fascinates me more than any other camera. It
took me a while to warm up to using one. I was so used to SLRs. But for
some reason I kept pounding away, and I finally fell in love with the M
system.  There's something about an M that no other camera has ever been
able to match. At least for me.

>>I have an ongoing e**y search of "view camera" just to see what comes
up<<

That can be dangerous. Especially if I'm in an impulsive buying mood.
Fortunately there are very few bargains to be found these days.

DaveR