Subject: [Leica] Nikon D100
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri Dec 30 19:08:25 2005

On 12/30/05 6:45 PM, "Robert Meier" <robertmeier@usjet.net> typed:

> What happens after 400,000 exposures?   It needs a new curtain?

Well he didn't say how many exposures he actually got out of it.
Let along what he did with them. Prints or otherwise.

My D100 is my DSLR and it has turned my head around for my work is my
default image maker I'm embarrassed to say it gets far more use for me than
my Leicas. Or Hasselblads.
I cant wait till the 200 comes out in a few weeks I'll be snapping that up
its the best deal I ever heard of.

But am starting a personal financial fund for the digital M (five grand)
when that comes out in a year. We'll see if that makes me more of a Leica
shooter again. Weans me from my DX zooms. I think it will.
It did before when it was a film common denominator. Might again.
Having my Noctilux become a 65mm f1 might make for a literal edge over what
a lot of other people are doing. With the frame lines and everything.
I'm sure it's results will be accepted in the major stock agencies with the
canon full frames and the D2x. Wondering how seriously the results of the
d200 will work out to be.

Mark Rabiner
Photography
Portland Oregon