Subject: [Leica] Week 50 and 51 Ericspaw
From: phong at doan-ltd.com (Phong)
Date: Mon Jan 2 06:33:44 2006

e. http://photos1.blogger.com/hello/288/2971/480/2005-50a.jpg
Ric Carter wrote:
> Very nice shot, but yes, as Phillippe says, lose the sign,
> and the  road too while you're at it.

I do not entirely agree with Ric obout the road.
I would leave it in the photo myself;
it adds an accent to the composition.

I note the careful composition so that
the tree trunks do not oveerlap.  The
leaning curves of the branches mostly
upward and to the left work very well,
as do the round shapes at the tree bases.
The right-pointing branch of the near tree
to the right does not work well for me,
and I would have worked harder on it; but
I wasn't there to tell whether that is possible
or not.  I might even try to crop just a tad,
(say half the height of the widest V formed by
the trunk and the offending branch)

All in all, a very nice shot, that I would
print and hang on the wall myself.

Cheers,

- Phong