Subject: [Leica] FuXored
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Mon Jan 2 19:32:09 2006

Sonny said:
> Amazing that a stupid Leica sales rumour can  engender a thousand posts,
> and
> real noctilux digital experimental  photography  gets one reply. Thanks
> Tina.
> > http://www.sonc.com/digital_noctilux/<<<<<<

Sonny,
Sorry mate I hadn't deleted your post and intended to reply later, but later
became later and later.:-(

On many occasions when we do have something as interesting as you've shown
the response is nada. I've played around holding short focal length zooms
tightly to the camera body backwards and shot film in this manner a number
of times just for the heck of it. Surprisingly it works quite well as shows
in your case.

I had enquired about an adapter from Stephen Gandy so I might use the
Noctilux on the 20D, but was informed it wouldn't be possible to focus
properly much to my disappointment. As I figured with it open at f1.0 and
camera at 3200, I truly could shoot by the dark of night where others might
not even see their way. ;-)

But it is strange on the LUG quite often, a member will come up with
something interesting, and as you say, the response is negligible on many
occasions. However, a subject as inane as this Leica-Canon crap with not one
shred of evidence to verify the subject and holy jumping cat fish you'd
think the world was about to end.

I'd hate to see these guys under supreme photo stress of deadline anytime
and they'd all be calving bullets! However they are masters at "Much ado
about nothing!" One must say a word as you've done, other wise you want to
hang up!

ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
1817 Feltham Road