Subject: [Leica] Summitar and Elmar
From: dlridings at gmail.com (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Fri Jan 6 11:17:58 2006

I don't know if I would say absolutely better. I prefer the Jupiter at
f2.0 - 4.0. The Summitar can have some wild bokeh (and I never thought
I was sensitve for bokeh). The Jupiter is smooth like a Zeiss Sonnar.

If you run across one close, it won't cost you much to try. I see them
going for 25 - 30 dollars at times.

The Elmar is hard to beat. Its only real problem is difficult lighting
situations causing flare. But if it doesn't flare, I like it at all
stops. This one was wide-open. It only gets better.

Daniel