Subject: [Leica] Japanese paper reports/ Made in Germany?
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Sat Jan 7 08:54:28 2006

It actually works a little differently, a certain amount of the parts
production and sub assembly still has to be done in Germany to allow
them to use  the tag "Made in Germany".
A similar business with a lot of watches, they may have a Swiss or
Japanese movement but the watch can still be M-i-G.
Douglas