Subject: [Leica] Not WTB: now Son of Asph
From: telyt at earthlink.net (Douglas Herr)
Date: Sat Jan 7 09:41:38 2006

on 1/7/06 9:00 AM, John Collier at jbcollier@shaw.ca wrote:

> The Summilux-Asph is also excellent in 99% of situations. It just
> flares when the sunlight is hitting the glass without being in the
> frame.

I've noticed this kind of flare with a couple of lenses that were otherwise
flare-proof and I suspect it's because the image of the sun is still within
the lens' image circle but outside the film gate and is reflecting off
something inside the camera body.  In my case it's something in the mirror
chamber, not sure what you'd call the space between the lens and shutter in
a rangefinder camera.

--
Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento