Subject: [Leica] Looking for a 100 interested in a screwmount current 50/2.8
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Sat Jan 7 17:45:42 2006

John,
I know that you want to stay Leica, but find a good Nikkor 50 F1.4 from a
NIcca or a clean postwar Sonnar 50mm 1.5 in LTM.  Very high image quality,
very little flare if clean, good speed even with the light fall off in the
corners and pretty cheap.  If you feel lucky then buy two or three of the
Russian clones and one of them at least will be as good as the Zeiss
variant.

In the thirties through the early sixties the Sonnar design was king and it
is still very, very good indeed.

A deal killer is that focus is just under 1 meter.

Don
don.dory@gmail.com