Subject: [Leica] Adobe Lightroom / Now: Snazzy Mouse
From: reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid)
Date: Tue Jan 10 09:05:14 2006

> I've heard that a gamer's mouse is the next best thing because it is
> substantially
> more accurate than a normal mouse.  True?

A gamer's mouse can tolerate being dropped on the floor or thrown across the
room better than a regular mouse, but in my experience it's no more accurate
than any other mouse using the same technology.

The limiting factor in the precision of mouses for Photoshop use is, for me,
friction of the slip pads that allow it to move around. They collect dirt
and impede the free micromotion of the mouse. I clean the top of my desk and
the bottom of my mouse with an alcohol wipe every morning, and it stays more
precise.

The Logitech laser mouse (G7 etc) is smoother and can be moved in finer
increments than a traditional LED optical mouse.