Subject: [Leica] Re: Canon 5D + Leica Lens Exposure Question
From: azn at nemeng.com (Andrew Nemeth)
Date: Tue Jan 10 12:50:54 2006

On 11 Jan 2006, at 05:01, lug-request@leica-users.org wrote:

> Two stops sounds about right; I'll set the exposure compensation on the
> 5D to -2 and try it again.
>
> But this seems to be peculiar to using the R lenses, doesn't it?  I
> don't remember having had this need to adjust the exposure compensation
> when using the Canon lenses on the 5D.  I guess there must be something
> in the electronic whatevers that makes the difference.

The exposure meters in EOS DSLRs appear to be flaky when used with non
EOS chip equipped lenses (any brand, not just Leica).

See the Leica FAQ entry I have on this at:

<http://nemeng.com/leica/002f.shtml>

After the page loads, scroll down to the "Non-Canon lens TTL exposure
errors" heading.

BTW, this info also turns up if you use a web search engine called
"Google":

<http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=canon+leica+exposure+error>

:?)

Regds,