Subject: [Leica] Luggers meet in New Haven
From: dnygr at cshore.com (Douglas Nygren)
Date: Thu Jan 12 04:42:25 2006

New Haven area luggers met last night at an Elm City Irish pub.

In all five of us met, four dedicated Leica users and a Rollei user.
Over food and ale, we discussed a range of topics. No one seemed to be
still holding their breath over the reported "breath-taking news"
regarding Canon and Leica. Nearly all continue to use film, but how
they treat the negatives varied. One preferred the darkroom while
another uses a scanner.

Also in attendance was a variety of Leicas and lenses: an M3, M7, an
MP; a 50s 50 summilux, a new 90 with macro, and a Zeiss 35. A digilux
made an appearance in an attempt to make the group look "up to date,"
but independent observers nearby were not taken in by this.

The group will meet again. We will announce our meeting place and time
again through the lug.

Doug Nygren