Subject: [Leica] Summarex owners (was Is there anyone out there using/interested in LTM?)
From: corkflor at iol.ie (Alex Hurst)
Date: Thu Jan 12 04:48:10 2006

Rei wrote:

>my most recent leica happens to be a IIIf.  though i have not shot too
>many rolls through it so far, i have "immortalized" this particular IIIf
>on wikipedia:
>
>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:LeicaIIIf-600.jpg
>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:VisoII-IIIf-600.jpg

It certainly looks very handsome. What did you take the shot with?

>i have only three examples of LTM glass: the summarex, summaron, and
>summarit.  (i thought it would be interesting to have earlier designs
>roughly corresponding to the M-mounted 75 summilux, collapsible 50
>summicron and 50 summilux with which i had experience on my Ms.)

You're one of the few people I know in the Summarex club. Alastair
has one, Bill Rosauer has one, and I have one - see my home pages at

http://www.iol.ie/~corkflor

Anyone else?

Both my Summarex and Summarit have been breathed on by Malcolm Taylor
and are as good as new.

I'm waiting for an LTM Summaron to arrive from Austria. The examples
I already have are for the M3 and M2 - an underrated little lens
which performs pretty well.

>also a rapidwinder and LTM viso for esoteric entertainment, voightlander
>vc meter for practicality, late model VIOOH "8.5 version" for aiming
>the summarex.

As I said, the 90mm Leitz b/l works just fine for me as the 85mm
SGOOD finder is a collector's piece. I also have a Russian copy of
the Zeiss turret finder, which is surprisingly good and quite
accurate. Never did like the VIOOH.

Tom A.'s Barnack Rapidwinder is great - it really transforms the
handling of my IIIf. Highly recommended.

Best

Alex
--
Alex & Carmel Hurst