Subject: Was RE: [Leica] DSLR choice - now Zeiss-Ikon
From: jsmith342 at cox.net (Jeffery Smith)
Date: Thu Jan 12 18:01:59 2006

Bill,

In retrospect, I probably was too harsh on the Zeiss-Ikon. I think that the
name Zeiss-Ikon led me to expect that it would feel heavier, like the
brass-bodied cameras of yesteryear (and like a modern day MP, which is like
a brick). I thought it was closer to a Contax G2 (and not an unpleasant
weight). I think that its initial impression on me as being like a smaller
M5 left me feeling like it should be heavier. But I agree with you on the
construction materials. I killed a Nikon SLR in 1980 by dropping it on the
concrete from 3 feet up. I did the same to a Contax Aria, and it just sort
of bounced. Still works.

Do you agree with me on the shutter noise (i.e., closer to a Leica than a
Bessa)?

Jeffery Smith
New Orleans, LA
http://www.400tx.com