Subject: [Leica] re: film scanners
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Thu Jan 12 23:28:51 2006

Doug,
I would agree with what you say, until I went digital I printed
Cibachrome (Ilfochrome) in my darkroom, good prints took a great deal
of time - and money. Getting a good print from a digital file is a
fair bit quicker and the incremental cost is less. OTOH it takes over
half an hour to scan each 6x7 transparency on my film scanner with
scratch removal working. That is very limiting for a busy amateur.
Frank