Subject: [Leica] Re: LHSA Meeting in Germany
From: rangefinder at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig)
Date: Sun Jan 15 09:18:55 2006

>Most of the time was used for an old timer to give a pep talk on how great
>Leica is and how it is not suited for 99.9% of the masses because they just
>can't appreciate the quality and workmanship. Maybe my assessment is a bit
>harsh but I think it is attitudes like this among the people at Leica that
>has put the company in such dire straits today.

... I had the same feelings when I visited a Leica day in a local Leica shop
recently, where the store manager (a long time Leica seller similarly minded
like the chap you mentioned) said, he would prefer to see Leica going down
instead of cooperating with a japanese company.

Talking about the 99% ignorant masses - at the same day in this shop, an
elder man, obviously belonging to the other 1%, came in, to get his (mint
looking) M7 checked for free - the dude didn't know how to unmount his 35
Summilux off the body...

Didier