Subject: [Leica] Canon 30D?
From: jplaurel at spectare.com (Jim Laurel)
Date: Wed Jan 18 11:35:30 2006

Exactly the point.  I work in technology.  In fact, some of you who
volunteered to Alpha test our new product (highly related to
photography) will see what I've been working on for the last year
very soon.  Alpha invites are going out today.

I live with technological change every day and I love it.  But
photography has always been a haven for me.  I love the tactile
experience of working with  fine machines.  I don't get the chance to
work on fine, well-designed equipment much these days.  I don't care
about pixels or accuracy really.  I have a certain look in mind and
that aesthetic seems to be achievable with Leica glass and film.  I
do use other cameras, but I don't get the same satisfaction from
using them and, most importantly, I don't get the results I'm looking
for.  When I'm taking accurate photos for the insurance adjuster I
use digital.  When I want to make a beautiful photo, I use an M6.

Many people have told me that I can get my look through Photoshop
which is no doubt true.  But geez, like many of us, I spend all day
at the computer as it is.  I don't want to sit in front of a machine
in my spare time as well, even if it is a Macintosh.

--Jim