Subject: [Leica] Canon 30D?
From: topoxforddoc at btinternet.com (charlie chan)
Date: Wed Jan 18 14:13:01 2006

I'm not sure how much ruggedness you lost with some of the old SLRs. I
have a Pentax Mx (had 2 originally) and these two mxs have been
absolutely reliable. I've dropped them on concrete and stone surfaces
and they bounce and I carry on shooting. I bet you the Olympus OM
series would be much the same. I'm not sure my R9 and DMR would do the
same. I've also dropped my M6 with a 75 lux (or rather my son swiped it
off a table) and broke the lens mount ring on the body. Thank goodness
for my household insurance policy!

Charlie Chan
Cheltenham UK

My last big, heavy SLR was a Nikon F3 and it was a miniature compared
to the current crop of film and digital SLRs.  I used a Pentax ME for
many years, too.  That was just about the right size as far as I was
concerned but you give up a lot of ruggedness in those smaller cameras.

--
Regards,

Dick