Subject: [Leica] #005
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Wed Jan 18 23:01:23 2006

Where I come from in the Fylde in Lancashire there were quite a few
fields like that. All the pasture fields for livestock had not been
ploughed in living memory, and in those days that meant back into the
1870s.
Since it is almost impossible to make a living as a stock farmer
nowadays perhaps a few of these old pastures have now been ploughed.
I ploughed one once - quite a project first time over!
Frank