Subject: [Leica] Canon 30D?
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Thu Jan 19 09:49:32 2006

>actually, the size is rather different given these dimensions.
>the circumscribing rectangular solids have volumes of:
>
>leica 13.8*7.95*3.8  =  416.898 cc
>canon 14.4*10.5*7.15 = 1081.080 cc
>
>or a difference of slightly over 2 1/2 times.
>
>-rei

After many years in the darkroom I do a lot of stuff in units of cc.

In most other ways, it's not an issue. A 20D does things a Leica
doesn't, and vice versa. A Sinar 8x10 does things a Minox doesn't,
etc.

Use what you can accept and gets you what you like or need.

I like my digitals, I like my film cameras. It's not an either/or
situation except on a given day and dependant on my load carrying
capacity/willingness.

I haven't gotten a Canon 1D type camera, because I would be reluctant
to haul it around. If I don't haul it around, it's useless as a
camera. On the other hand, I often go out with 3 cameras and 10
lenses. In my universe, that's reasonable and a 1D body isn't. So
what.

--
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design