Subject: [Leica] CLE... ?
From: wrs111445 at yahoo.com (Bill Smith)
Date: Sat Jan 21 17:22:08 2006

I don't get it-if the meter doesn't work, don't you still have the same as a
M2 or 3--you can use a handheld, but it's more compact?

Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@planet.nl> wrote:  Hi Steve,

I would not buy a CLE for two main reasons:

1) You only get metering in AE mode, not in manual;
2) The electronics are finnicky, as others have noted, and there is no
real way to get it fixed nowadays if something goes wrong.

Now, the CL is another kettle of fish. I know it has its detractors, but
I bought Sonny's CL in 2003 and have been very pleased with it. Most of
my Seville photography was done with that camera, and I still have it
along with the superb 40mm Summicron and a 21mm Voigtlander. In fact, it
is the only film body I kept when I switched to digital.

Nathan

--
Nathan Wajsman
Almere, The Netherlands