Subject: [Leica] Re: no film in a decade
From: sries333 at eticomm.net (Steve Ries)
Date: Sat Jan 21 19:30:35 2006

Actually the big theater chains are getting ready to switch over to digital
projection systems. As David mentions above actual digital "motion" filming
has its drawbacks and it is relatively easy to spot. Michael Mann
photographed "Collateral" in digital and while I enjoyed the cinematography
many of the actual images left me cold but then again I have an "acquired
eye" while most of viewing public does not. Yes, digital will be used to a
greater and greater extent but I certainly believe I will be able to buy
film in my lifetime and if not then so be it.

Regards,

Steve