Subject: [Leica] Divided D-76, and the lower 9th ward
From: jsmith342 at cox.net (Jeffery Smith)
Date: Sun Jan 22 16:18:20 2006

Brownlow's technique differs considerably in that he uses full blown
developer for the first bath (including the alkaline mixture) and then
alkaline alone for the second. Formulary's uses *inactive* developer for the
first bath, and then borax for the second (to activate the developer). Times
don't make much difference, and temperatures don't make much difference.
That's important to me right now as I have no thermometers and no camera
stores in the city. Another benefit of Formulary's is that you can reuse
solution A over and over...it doesn't get used up...it just ages a bit in
the bottle. The borax (Kodalk would probably be okay) is discarded after one
use, but it's pretty cheap.

Jeffery Smith
New Orleans, LA
http://www.400tx.com