Subject: [Leica] Rain
From: telyt at telus.net (David Young)
Date: Mon Jan 23 07:44:34 2006

Ted Grant wrote:

> David Young showed:
> Subject: [Leica] Rain

>> See: http://www3.telus.net/~telyt and click on the "Featured Photo"
>> link, on your left.<<<
>

> Hi David,
> Well done mon ami, well done. A damn fine photograph under the
> circumstances you described.
>
> Excellent photo from a bobbing boat as it would be tough enough on
> good old fashion solid earth.
>
> ted

Thanks, Ted, for your kind words.

I had chosen to travel light, as the was a family holiday.  Thus the 400
Telyt was replaced by the Vario Elmar and my trusty old 2x converter.
The 400 is a LOT easier to hand hold that the Vario/2x combo, IMHO, so
my failure rate from camera shake was much higher than normal.

The other surprising bit is how dark it was in a tropical jungle at 2 PM
in the afternoon!  The shot was made wide open (OK - f8) at 1/250th,
using ISO 3200!  Use of such shutter speed only compounded the
challenge.  That's why I do not consider myself  "good", but rather,
"lucky".

Thanks for looking.

--
David Young,