Subject: [Leica] The lower 9th ward
From: jsmith342 at cox.net (Jeffery Smith)
Date: Mon Jan 23 19:20:48 2006

Most of the touristy places are antebellum (and still okay for the most
part). That includes most of the city BELOW St. Charles Avenue, downtown
(lots of places are closed), and the French Quarter. It's worth a trip to
see the aftermath if you're an outsider. There are getting to be hotel rooms
available. Chris Williams has been coming in to shoot weddings on weekends,
staying at an offshoot of the Hilton near the famed Convention Center. If
you come now, it will be a more unique experience, and my favorite
restaurant is now open (Jacque-Imo's). My neighborhood (Irish Channel is
pretty much back to normal. Let me know if you decide come into town. I'll
take some time off from work and drive y'all around.

Jeffery Smith
New Orleans, LA
http://www.400tx.com