Subject: [Leica] PAW
From: Engl6914 at cableone.net (Lee England)
Date: Tue Jan 24 05:09:06 2006

This is my second PAW--a print I did this week.  It's the interior of the
church at Rocky Springs, Mississippi, on the old Natchez Trace.  It was
there when General Grant's army invaded Mississippi, passing by on the road
just outside.  All of the yankee Army of Tennessee's infantry divisions
bivouaced on various days around the church because of the water source of
Rocky Springs.
    The Army of Tennessee moved on to Jackson, then turned toward Vicksburg
and beat us at Champion Hill near Edwards, Miss., then took the bridge over
the Big Black River (near US highway 80 bridge).  Once they had that and
then took Haynes Bluff, giving them access to supply boats on the Yazoo
River, Vicksburg was doomed.  When Vicksburg fell it just killed us.
    Taken with Leica M2, 35mm Summaron, Ilford HP5 developed in HC110.

http://englandphotographic.com/paw.html

Lee England
Natchez, Mississippi

Replies: Reply from bruce at ralgo.nl (bruce) ([Leica] PAW)