Subject: [Leica] OT - Konica Minolta Scanners and ???
From: bruce at ralgo.nl (bruce)
Date: Wed Jan 25 02:55:57 2006

As an addition to what has already been asked and answered, I spoke
to my sales/account man here, last Friday, concerning the scanner
situation.

There is a sizable quantity of scanners of various models on back-
order (BeNeLux), some for several months now ............... and
although there is no mention of scanners in the various KM
statements, he anticipated the supply to be finished/dead.

It seems that only cameras and lenses will be produced for Sony (as
shown beneath).

Conclusion, from him ............. difficult support from Sony; no
more stock; 31 March shutdown (mirror of report beneath).

I am looking for a scanner (35mm and 6x6) too. It leaves only Nikon
8000 or 9000; the ArtixScan 120tf from Microtek; the Epson Perfection
4990 and the F-3200 (apparently not available in North America!).

Does anyone have experience thought on these models, please?

Thanks,
B.