Subject: [Leica] Advice wanted: TRI-X development setup
From: scott at adrenaline.com (Scott McLoughlin)
Date: Fri Jan 27 13:47:39 2006

Here in Wash, DC we have "dirty water" - lots of particulate matter.
Filtering seems to keep most of the gook off my negs.

 From reading photonet, it seems hard water may or may not interact
with the chemistry depending on the water.  I'd just not worry about it,
try some test rolls and in the worst case, you might have to mix the
developer using those gallon jugs of spring/distilled water or whatever.

I have a nice video about Eugene Smith where they show him (reenactment)
souping his negs by night in the sink and toilet of his hotel room in a
tiny little
Spanish town.  It's probably possible to get good results under a wide
variety
of circumstances :-)

Scott