Subject: [Leica] RE: PAW Week 3 Jeffrey---Nagin
From: kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour)
Date: Sat Jan 28 10:18:06 2006

On Jan 28, 2006, at 12:36 PM, Lee England wrote:

> Funny thing, though--they just want to go home.  And they shouldn't be
> compared to drug addicts.  My friend, Kent Treadway, the pediatric
> resident
> when I was a medical student on the wards at Charity Hospital,
> committed
> suicide a short time back.  It had been so difficult getting his
> practice
> built up in New Orleans--I think he did it out of despair over
> losing his
> practice and home--everything.  I honestly think many people across
> the
> country don't have an appreciation of the suffering down here.

my God Lee...

this hits home like Jeffery's photo of the rocking chair in the tree...

many people in the US do not understand what real suffering is...

meanwhile we are preoccupied with doing the unnecessary and
impossible in Iraq...

rather than the necessary here,  taking care of our own people...

Steve