Subject: [Leica] Shooting a new sport
From: ericm at pobox.com (Eric)
Date: Sat Jan 28 16:43:01 2006

Adam:

><http://www.adambridge.com/Photos/2006/01/20/_L3U8480-shrp.jpg>

I don't think you need to be asking for advice when you can come away with a
shot like this.  :)  Wonderful!

Freeze the puck in midair, and the shot screams action.  Don't need no
steenkin' motion blur...like Ted said.  Same as in basketball...get the ball
up in the air or the player jumping, and it says action just because the
frozen moment doesn't exist very long.

>I like the checking action in this one:
>
><http://www.adambridge.com/Photos/2006/01/20/_L3U8460-shrp.jpg>

I like that, too.  Would be better if it included the puck, as well.  But ya
can't have everything.  :)

--
Eric
http://canid.com/