Subject: [Leica] M3 Rangefinder Near, Far and Rate
From: jbcollier at shaw.ca (John Collier)
Date: Sun Jan 29 12:55:25 2006

The rate is adjusted by changing the  length of the rangefinder
follow arm. Where it pivots there is the adjusting eccentric.

The near focus stop is also near the pivot.

The infinity adjustment is the eccentric screw which holds the follow
roller.

Start with an infinity adjustment. Everything OK then leave it alone.
Near focus off? Then you need to change the length of the follow arm.
Trial and error is the only way without the special tools. A
professional rangefinder calibration is fairly inexpensive so I would
recommend anything other than an infinity adjustment goes to an
experienced Leica repair person.

John Collier

Replies: Reply from mkochsch at shaw.ca (Michael Koch-Schulte) ([Leica] M3 Rangefinder Near, Far and Rate)