Subject: [Leica] Further adventures of a completely screwed up guy:long and occas...
From: leica at rcmckee.com (R. Clayton McKee)
Date: Mon Jan 30 20:06:04 2006

On 30 Jan 2006 at 18:40, Dennis Painter wrote:

> Clayton, try a Caterham.

Tell the truth, when/if my life circumstances allow me to go back to
small sporty Brit iron I will find another MkII Mini to love, cherish
and tweak.  I have held on to all my books and tools for the last
quarter century in devout hope that such will someday be the case.

I am, however, quite familiar with Caterhams AND the original Lotus
from which they were derived; Morris the Mini and I used to trounce a
couple of them regularly in club gymkhanas, much to the annoyance of
the owners who were well on their way to winning the club
championships for like the seventh or eight year running when I
showed up...  (Admittedly none of us were set up to be anything like
stock vehicles and I had more mod points available due to lower
displacement.  I was also a far quicker driver and the courses tended
to favor the Mini's handling over the Lotus's extra power..)

--

R. Clayton McKee                           http://www.rcmckee.com
Photojournalist                               rcmckee@rcmckee.com

Replies: Reply from sethrosner at nycap.rr.com (Seth Rosner) ([Leica] Further adventures of a completely screwed up guy:long and occas...)