Subject: [Leica] Another, ahem, shot at hockey
From: nathan.wajsman at planet.nl (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Mon Jan 30 21:40:52 2006

Gene, I will second Ted. I don't even KNOW how to set exposure
compensation on my 1D Mark II. Yes, I have a manual and could look it up
if needed, but frankly it has never been needed. The only controls I
ever use are:

- switching from aperture priority to manual mode (rarely, but sometimes
the light is such that it is needed)
- adjusting the aperture (I shoot in aperture priority 95% of the time)
- adjusting the shutter speed (when shooting in manual mode the other 5%
of the time)
- changing ISO speed

That's IT!

Especially when shooting RAW, exposure errors can be corrected to a very
high degree. This is analogous to selecting developer for film based on
the exposure conditions. I have images that looked awful when first
opened on the computer but which turn out to have more than sufficient
information in the shadow or highlight area to produce a decent picture.

Nathan