Subject: [Leica] VC Meter II
From: feli2 at earthlink.net (feli)
Date: Tue Jan 31 00:55:09 2006

I purchased one of these as a xmas gift for my father.

After having the oppertunity to use it for a week, I have to say that this
is an
excellent little meter and close to perfect for any meterless camera.

The big improvement over the initial VC meter is the addition of an exposure
lock.
The meter will now hold a reading for circa 10-15 seconds, after activation,
allowing
you to set the dials and read the proper exposure. The unit will meter
continiously
if you keep the activation button depressed.

Voigtlander managed to cut the new unit's height in half, by repositioning
the battery compartment.

Over all the VC meter II gave nearly identical readings as my M6TTL.

My only real complaint is the inablility to lock the iso settings dial
firmly.
It can easily be changed, if accidentially brushed against. I solved that
problem with a small sliver of
grip tape...

At $179 (Photo Village), it's not exactly cheap, but it is very well made,
extremely compact
and IMO the best of it's breed.

Feli

Feli di Giorgio                 feli2@earthlink.net