Subject: [Leica] Opening the Door Into Color--Lockhart, Tx
From: wrs111445 at yahoo.com (Bill Smith)
Date: Tue Jan 31 05:22:20 2006

Bill:

  Years ago, Lockhart was on our way (Hwy. 71) from Hou. to our deer lease
in Cherokee (33 mi. N. of Llano)  and we used to stop at Black's Bar-b-Q
(self proclaimed "Best in TX"- nobody ever said Texans were bashful). It was
the best in my opinion also. Many famous people, including FDR and even a
few damn Republicans, had eaten there. Is it still there and have you tried
it?

  God bless TX,
  Bill

Bill Clough <bill_clough@yahoo.com> wrote:
  USA
TEXAS
CORPUS CHRISTI

Hi there--

Concerning "The Door Into Color."

The building is a rear part of a Mexican Food restaurant
in Lockhart, Texas.

The windows are real; the door is painted on the wall.

I agree that the entire blue barrel should have been in
the frame. It was, when I pushed the shutter; the digital
camera thought otherwise.

I do have a frame of the wall, sans people, but not with
that interesting reflection in the pavement of the service
station where I was filling up the car.

Thanks to all who looked and commented--

--Bill