Subject: [Leica] snipers
From: philippe.orlent at pandora.be (Philippe Orlent)
Date: Tue Jan 31 11:34:56 2006

You all have a point there.
'Shots' and 'shooting' lead to 'sniping', which I referred to not for
the distance aspect, but for the being unnoticed aspect: don't many
of us try to take photographs as unnoticed as possible, to catch our
subjects at their most natural, quid the decisive moment?
In Dutch 'shooting' is only used when taking the kind of family and
holiday photos everybody takes. When it's about serious photography,
we say 'making photographs'.
I guess 'shooting' and 'shots' are used more in English nowadays
because they're shorter to type.

Op 31-jan-06, om 19:26 heeft Douglas Herr het volgende geschreven: