Subject: [Leica] Re:kodachrome
From: imagist at imagist.cnc.net (George Lottermoser)
Date: Tue Jan 31 13:45:06 2006

> Subject: Re: [Leica] Kodachrome--Any Indication of Its Future

> Let's form a bl**dy consortium and buy the thing!!!

Believe me; you don't want to do that. Back in college I worked third
shift production processing with these beasts. We had a complete
Laboratory with full time lab tech to monitor the chemistry plus 2
machine techs to handle the loading and film breaks (which set off an
alarm horn that scared the **** out of you). It took two of us 45 min to
an hour to clean the sucker before shutting it down. There's reasons
that this technology is going bye bye.

regards, George

Replies: Reply from sethrosner at nycap.rr.com (Seth Rosner) ([Leica] Re:kodachrome)