Subject: [Leica] re:57 Healey
From: artpaper at comcast.net (artpaper@comcast.net)
Date: Tue Jan 31 15:45:35 2006

ah! those were the days. always admired the 3000 series as well as the jags,
et.al., of the period. i had a silver green metallic a.h. 100/4 w folding
screen. at 6'6" i had to replace the driver's seat cushion with a custom one
just so i could fit, and that made it  even lower. as beautiful and fun as
it was, the electrical system was something else- 2 3 volt batteries linked
together to make a six volt system. go figure.
my dad had the first lotus elite in san diego which i got to drive
occasionally when he left it in my care. that coventry climax engine was
impressive. in college i had a part-time job detailing fine imports at
"competiton corner," where i also got to jockey around the high end imports
of the day.  pretty much kicked the guy/car thing. i guess using leicas
relates to the joy of precision instruments, tools, toys...