Subject: [Leica] VC Meter II
From: feli2 at earthlink.net (feli)
Date: Tue Jan 31 16:48:07 2006

-----Original Message-----
>From: John Collier <jbcollier@shaw.ca>
>
>I do not care for the transfer reading or turn the dials to light the
>diode style of meters. I like the instant useable read outs of other
>meters. I carry a Minolta IVF. I hit the button and bingo I am ready
>to go. No need to twiddle dials to get the lights lit properly. Not a
>criticism of the VC meter just of me I guess.
>
>John Collier

Usually I carry a small Sekonic 308 and that's my favorite way to work.

The dials on the VC can be fiddly, but I tend to use it in a 'priority'
mode. As an example
I will set the aperture to f5.6 and then only adjust the speed dial.

I prefer a handheld meter over all else, but  there are times when it's nice
have the extra reach of a ultra compact, wide, spot meter.

Feli

Feli di Giorgio                 feli2@earthlink.net
www.elanphotos.com