Subject: [Leica] The DM-R has landed!
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Wed Feb 1 12:15:27 2006

Okay - The 1Ds MkII was sitting right beside me, the studio was damn
dark with light from an overcast sky coming through a sliding door
behind me and a window with a translucent shade pulled down. I shot
into the middle of the room.

The 1Ds MkII was set at H (3200 ISO), 2 stop under exposure
compensation dial in.

I opened the image in Camera Raw, did almost nothing to it, brought it
into Photoshop, resized it to 900 x 600 and saved it as a jpeg:

<http://www.adambridge.com/Photos/2006/02/01/_L3U8867.jpg>

Then I took the original photoshop image and cropped out the middle so
you can see a full-pixel rendering and saved it here:

<http://www.adambridge.com/Photos/2006/02/01/_L3U8867-actual pixels.jpg>

Remember - these are PURE files with no sharpening, noise reduction, nada.

The effective ISO should be about 12,000. The room is quite dark. The
"glow" on the back wall by the window is not observable to the naked
eye. The wall appears with no light gradient at all - a constant
surface at least to my eye.

You can look at the EXIF data and see exposure 1/30 s at f/2.8 (wide open).

Maybe this isn't a fair test and I should do a portrait but my wife is
in a meeting and I was too lazy to set up a tripod.

Adam