Subject: [Leica] First 15 mm Pix
From: r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard S. Taylor)
Date: Thu Feb 2 08:22:57 2006

I never have developed an ability to work a Leica left handed.  In
this case I would have had to somehow squeeze the shutter with my
thumb while pinching the camera between my forefinger and thumb - a
two fingered hold not terribly conducive to stability.

I did try a number of variants to this shot but none where I moved to
put the telescope to the left of the light because of a large summer
shelter just to my left.  I agree it would have been better with my
arm pointing towards the light but couldn't work it out.

Dider commented that it would have been better to see more of the
telescope's bottom and I agree.  It was there in the viewfinder, but
not on the negative.  I have now learned to compose more loosely with
this lens and finder to account for the parallax.

I'm also slowly learning how to keep my fingers out of the frame.

I used my knees poor aching ageing knees more with this lens than any
other.  Keeping the camera square is giving me a real workout!