Subject: [Leica] Fed lens images
From: pswango at att.net (Phil Swango)
Date: Thu Feb 2 12:21:56 2006

Jim Nichols wrote:

That Fed looks like a "keeper".  Those images are as sharp as any I've seen.
I don't recall what camera you were going to use it with.  Is it on a Leica
or one of the Russian copies?  I'm always curious about the reported
differences in the flange-to-film-plane distances, and how they would work
with my IIIa or IIIf.
==========================
Jim, I'll be using it on all my Leicas, including a IIIc.  The images in
the gallery were made with either a Bessa L or Leica CL.  I've never
experienced the back-focus problem some have mentioned with any of my FSU
lenses whether Fed, Jupiter or Helios (M42).  Maybe I've just been lucky.

Phil Swango
307 Aliso Dr. SE
Albuquerque, NM  87108
505-262-4085