Subject: [Leica] Worth sharing
From: philippe.orlent at pandora.be (Philippe Orlent)
Date: Sat Feb 4 09:49:40 2006

(I have no no commercial ties or whatever with Kodak)

I just found a little but great application that is very good for
printing on a cheap bubblejet (mine is a 4 ink HP Deskjet 930 c).
It's a Kodak product and it's for free.

Yesterday I bought their Ultima Photo Paper and on the back side of
the packaging was a link for something called Easyshare Software.
I downloaded it to test the one feature that interested me: the print
at home/one touch to better pictures feature.

I must say: it really works incredibly well for B&W (in RGB). Deep
blacks, very slight tonal nuances,...: it all turns out great.
There's virtually no difference with what I see on my (calibrated)
screen and the print.

It is a difference of day and night compared with the HP soft.
I also have the impression that it makes printing a bit faster, too.
Bye bye all the fiddling to finally just get an acceptable print
without color shifts and muddy or bluish blacks, ...
I'm hooked.

If you'd like to try it: www.kodak.co.uk/go/inkjet.
It only works with their paper, ofcourse...