Subject: [Leica] Seeking general macro advice
From: lambroving at worldnet.att.net (William G. Lamb, III)
Date: Sun Feb 5 07:35:13 2006

Peter,

Glad you enjoyed, but I would not want you to think that I could just crank
out
shots like that one at will. I had an idea what I wanted and shot three
frames.
Only one had the light source arranged to illuminate that tiny (2 - 3 cm.)
bloom
from the core. It was a question of the right film and light and the SL &
60/2.8
combo. Ultimately, the SL/60 and film saw much more than I did! :-) These
were September light in Virginia.

Often I get lucky with this rig, but fine grain film is a must. Tried the
same
experiment with Portra 400 VC last month in horrible light and the results
were very disappointing.

Thanks for your comment.

William