Subject: [Leica] Re: DMR mk II ?
From: manolito at videotron.ca (EPL)
Date: Sun Feb 5 17:25:31 2006

One thing I can say about the great photojournalists of yesteryear --
whether they were shooting Leicas, Contaxes or Whatchamacalits -- they were
certainly not shooting EI 1600 film.

I'm old enough to recall when High Speed Ektachrome at ASA160 was a mixed
blessing. If you were a dog desperate for breakfast, there was always
GAF500.

So when I read here that people dismiss a piece of gear because they can't
use it past EI 800 (Gawd, I'd rather eat worms than shoot at 800), I don't
know whether to laugh or cry.

What, is there less light today than when Smith did Minamata (don't start up
on that one please)? Are lenses today slower than Salomon's Ermanox? Or are
we merely indulging in too much Lagavulin, ladies and gentlemen, to hold our
do-everything Gizmoflexes steady anymore?

Do tell!

Emanuel

Replies: Reply from telyt at earthlink.net (Douglas Herr) ([Leica] Re: DMR mk II ?)
Reply from Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie) ([Leica] Re: DMR mk II ?)
Reply from richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard) ([Leica] Re: DMR mk II ?)
Reply from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Re: DMR mk II ?)
Reply from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Re: DMR mk II ?)