Subject: [Leica] re: Epson RD-1
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Sun Feb 5 22:18:03 2006

Hi Nick,
I dismantled my wet darkroom in 2005 after almost 20 years of
continuous use. The bits are in the cellar, I don't have the heart to
sell them. I print entirely from the computer now. Scans are
difficult to get as good as direct digital files IME.
I can recommend the 5D, most of what you get in a 1Ds Mk2 for much
less. It doesn't have the weather sealing and the autofocus - which I
don't use much - is better on the 1 series. The weight and size are a
massive advantage. I would like more adaptors for my R lenses. I
perhaps would not have bought the 1Ds if the 5D had been first. The
5D does not have as good a focussing screen choice as the 1 series
though for manual focus. It also has a bigger mirror clearance
requirement so fewer R lenses fit.
Frank

Replies: Reply from nickbroberts at yahoo.co.uk (Nick Roberts) ([Leica] re: Epson RD-1)
Reply from lug at steveunsworth.co.uk (Steve Unsworth) ([Leica] re: Epson RD-1)