Subject: [Leica] Another Screwy question
From: rhaightjr at yahoo.com (Bob Haight)
Date: Mon Feb 6 07:21:40 2006

I don't believe there is any way to use M mount lens
on LTM cameras as I have never seen the adaptors but
seems like they should be possible to make with focus
problems, however. I believe the M cameras were
designed, mindful of the desire of being able to use
the older LTM lenses on the M cameras with adaptors.
Thus, with an adaptor the flange of the LTM mount is
identical to the flange of the bayonet mount in terms
of distance from the film plane. There is no way to
reverse the math so the Ms fit the LTM cameras without
focus problems.