Subject: [Leica] Re: DMR mk II ?
From: images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley)
Date: Mon Feb 6 08:39:52 2006

At 11:19 AM 2/6/2006, you wrote:
>Doesn't the clackety-clunk of the digital SLR do just that? Or the fact that
>you are clearly from another country, by dress & appearance & comportment?
>
>Emanuel

Actually, the digital SLR is almost as quiet as the Leica M, which I
used for 20 years.  (All of the photos on my web site are made with
the Leica M, by the way.)  If you time the release for when something
else is going on, it's not noticeable at all. I spend a week with the
families, usually sitting quietly in a corner. I don't do anything to
draw attention to myself.  At first they are self-conscious but they
gradually go on about their work and literally forget that I'm
there.  When I've given them the photos later, they always comment
that they had no idea I was taking photos at the time.  The photos
that I have when people are looking directly at the camera are
usually made the first day that I'm there.  I also take one posed
family portrait that I give to each family.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com

Replies: Reply from aaron.sandler at duke.edu (Aaron Sandler) ([Leica] Re: DMR mk II ?)