Subject: [Leica] Pictures from the old East Germany
From: rangefinder at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig)
Date: Mon Feb 6 14:18:16 2006

Looks more like a series of holiday pictures all over east and central
europe, not only eastern germany specific. The album is titled "interrail"
which was (or still is) the name of a very popular railway abonnement for
young people, which allows to travel one month with all european railways
for a moderate price.

I have travelled in the DDR around 1980 and never seen neither Levi's, Sony,
BASF ads nor Burgerking restaurants. And DDR officials would never, never
have "welcomed the passengers from the visiting luxury liner" (but maybe
kicked their a??...)! The car on picture 035 is a genuine DDR-Trabi but
captured near Gy?r/Hungary.

I could identify many other countries like BRD (The "Terroristen! Vorsicht
Schusswaffen!" poster offering 50'000 DM rewards), Turkey ("Polis"
officers), Italy ("E' morto il compagno Enrico Berlinguer" - former chief of
communist party), Austria ("Innsbruck Hbf"), Croatia ("vlakom je
najsigurnije") and others.

Nice to have a look at anyway.

Didier

Replies: Reply from summarex at hotmail.com (Javier Perez) ([Leica] Pictures from the old East Germany)