Subject: [Leica] Tina and Digital (was, Enlarger
From: feli2 at earthlink.net (feli)
Date: Mon Feb 6 17:17:39 2006

-----Original Message-----

>I am looking for basics, not for advanced stuff.
>
>Chemistry rules.  Digital is impossible.
>
>Marc

Actually Lightjets are a lot simpler to deal with than inkjet printers,
RIPs, custom profiles etc.
You can learn the process in a few hours.

With a Lightjet print, the lab does the vast majority of the work.

If you can adjust one of your shots in Photoshop and burn it on a CD you are
done.

Calibrating the monitor is simple. You stick the probe via a suction cup on
the screen, plug it in the computer, run the software and it does the rest.
You may have to adjust the brightness or contrast knob, if the software
requests it.

I still print wet, and still prefer the look of a silver print, but I hate
making anything bigger than a 11x14
in my tiny darkroom. The Lightjet route has also been great for damaged
negatives.

feli

Feli di Giorgio                 feli2@earthlink.net
www.elanphotos.com