Subject: [Leica] Tina and Digital (was, Enlarger
From: telyt at earthlink.net (Douglas Herr)
Date: Mon Feb 6 20:24:08 2006

Jim Nichols <jhnichols@bellsouth.net> wrote:

>My point is this:  Find the simplest route to dip your feet in the "digital
>water", and then decide if it is worth the swim.

Seconded - I started with baby steps: scans made by the lab, simple
image-editing software, the printer's default driver.  I'm now scanning the
slides myself, using a full version of photoshop, using a custom profile to
print with the default driver.  No RIP, I have only a vague idea what a
raster is and color spaces still baffle me but as long as I can follow
instructions the prints look great..

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com